When in the midst of dealing with the complicated life that is M, it’s really easy to get bogged down with the problems and overlook the simple pleasures in life. As the saying goes, sometimes you need to just stop and smell the roses. Despite the challenges of the last few months, there have been some wonderfully simple pleasures that are a precious reminder of just how good this summer was between the difficult bits:
- Standing in the back garden with the children and watching the Red Arrows fly overhead
- G & M using walkie-talkies made from nothing more than scrap cardboard and their imaginations
- Drinking an ice-cold glass of home-made lemonade
- Taking the train into the city and walking around on a local Art trail whilst investigating the area and sights
- Watching G and M cheer as Andy Murray won Wimbledon
- Watching G and M then recreate the Wimbledon moment using our washing line and their beach tennis set
- Late night cuddles with M and early morning ones with G
- Enjoying some classic Disney films before bed and finding some new favourites
- Home-made burgers cooked on the BBQ
- Camping in the garden – well this was one for Mike and the kids, I am definitely never, ever going to consider camping to be a pleasure of any kind
- G & M spending hours out in the garden: building dens, climbing trees and bouncing on the trampoline
- Long lazy summer days spent lying on the beach, building sandcastles and splashing in the sea
- Perfecting a myraid of free-from, M-friendly recipes and enjoying tasting each and every one!
You should be a part of a contest for one of the
greatest websites on the net. I’m going to recommend this site!