- 175g rice flour
- 10g baking powder
- 1tsp xanthum gum
- 75g cocoa powder
- 225g caster sugar
- 3tbsp flaxseed meal with 9tbsp water (3 eggs)
- 225g raw beetroot (roasted, peeled and chopped)
- 200mls oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar into a bowl.
- Blend the flaxseed meal, beetroot and oil in a blender until smooth.
- Fold the beetroot mixture into the dry ingredients and pour into the cake tin
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once chilled, serve plain or with butter icing.
Pingback: Sneaky Veg | 7 years to diagnosis
Oh wow, a fab gf and df cake I can eat – and with beetroot too. Definitely going to give this one a go. Thank you. #recipeoftheweek
You’re very welcome – enjoy!
Sounds wonderful and fab that it’s GF. Thanks for linking up to #recipeoftheweek – I have pinned this post to my food boards and scheduled in a tweet for this evening 🙂 There’s also a fresh linky live at 6pm – hope you join in! x
Pingback: Mission Impossible: More Secret Veg | 7 years to diagnosis