- 300g rice flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- 2.5 tbsp tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch) or replace with 1.25 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 255g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 414mls vanilla rice milk
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60mls vegetable oil
- Mix or sift dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- The original recipe calls to pour into two oiled or greased 8″ round cake pans, and bake at 200° for 20-25 minutes.
- If you’re baking cupcakes, or a thicker, longer cake, you may need to adjust your cooking time, so check after 20 and use your own instincts after that. As for regular cakes, using a toothpick or knife and checking for it to pull out clean (or with loose crumbs) is still an effective test.
Thanks to: http://deliciousprotocols.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/best-bar-none-gluten-free-vegan-cake.html
Pingback: The Best Chocolate cake in the World | M's 7 year journey
Pingback: A Duo of Birthday cakes | M's 7 year journey
The cake looks nice 🙂
Thanks for the recipe…
It was delicious!
Fantastic, thank you! Wonder if Gill has seen this one 😉
Not a prob – love seeing your recipes and info sheets, so was thrilled to see you’d started a linky! Can’t wait to see what else appears…
This looks nice, I will give it a try! Will pin right now! Mel #favouritefreefromrecipes
Pingback: Another birthday celebration | M's 7 year journey
Pingback: Delicious date and ginger cake | 7 years to diagnosis
Let me know how it goes if you end up making it xxx